Hello Guys Welcome to Coding Gurus Online Portal ...!
Here we will learn a cool trick to create an undeletable and unrenamable folders fn windows operating system. Most of us are not aware that it is possible to create Undeletable, Unrenamable folder in windows without any software. To Test this concept just follow simple steps given below.
Try to make a new folder in windows & give it name con,aux, lpt1, lpt2, lpt3 up to lpt9. you won't be allowed to create folder with above mentioned names, Because they are reserved words in windows.
How To Create Undeletable And Unrenamable Folders?
1. Go to Start > All programmes >Accessories > Command Prompt and Right click and open it as Run as Administrator.
2. Now you are in Root Directory (i.e. where the windows is installed) ,remember here you cannot create Undeletable & unrenamable folders. It means you can't make this kind of folder in C: drive if you installed windows on C:
3. So, Now select any drive by typing its letter D: or E: and hit enter.
4. Type md myfolder\ and hit enter. (md : make directory)
5. You may enter name instead of myfolder in above step.
6. Open that directory, you will see the folder created of name myfolder.
7. Try to delete or rename that folder will show the error message.
How to delete that folder?
Isn't that cool tip.It is not possible to delete that folder manually but you can delete this folder by the way mentioned below.
1. Open Command Prompt once again.
2. Type D: ( if you have created this type of folder in D: drive) & hit enter
3. Type rd con\ (rd : remove directory)
4. Open that directory and the folder will not appear because it is removed.